Just Chill 😉
Supposedly the world’s First cocktail was sipped in London during the 1790’s……
Intro – A cocktail is an alcoholic mixed drink that contains two or more ingredients—at least one of the ingredients must be a spirit
Ray of Hope:-
Organic Grenadine or pomegranate extracts are a wonderful source of antioxidants; contains Vitamin A, Vitamin C and healthy fiber.
Excessive Alcohol consumption is injurious to good health
1 portion of Organic Grenadine or pomegranate extracts or concentrate requires 4 portions of water or as per the instruction on the bottle
Ideal measure 30ml / 60ml – Vodka
5- Pitted organic sweet Cherries crushed or finely ground in a mixer
½ teaspoon of organic lemon juice
1 teaspoon of castor sugar
5-6 small cubes of ice
Tools: Muddler to crush Cherries, bar spoon/ a long spoon to stir and obviously a cocktail shaker!
Put together all of the above items into a cocktail shaker!
Shake, until it mixes well and leaves a frosty outer surface.
Serve in a martini or cocktail glass……
End result – Happy High 🙂
Penne Pasta (Cooked) = 450 Calories from the below recipe
Mozzarella cheese = 480 Calories from the below recipe
300gms – penne pasta
1 table spoon olive oil
1 Diced medium onion
1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
400gms – chopped tomatoes
1 table spoon tomato purée
150ml- vegetable stock
2 table spoon dried mixed herbs (Oregano, Basil, and Thyme)
1 tea spoon freshly ground black pepper
125gms- mozzarella cheese, roughly sliced
Step by Step:-
- Pre-Heat the oven to 180°C or 350°F
- Cook the penne as per the pack instructions, run under cold water, drain and set aside
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large non-stick pan
- Add in onions and garlic to fry for about 5mins
- Pop in the tomatoes, tomato purée, herbs, season with black pepper and stock. Bring it all to a boil, later reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10 mins.
- Add the cooked penne to this sauce and give a good mix together, then transfer to an oven-proof dish. Arrange one layer of pasta and on top it with sliced mozzarella. Bake for 15-20 mins until the cheese has melted well.Serve the baked pasta, with salad and wholegrain bread.
Feast on Fat!
Guilt Free Okra Fry (Ladies finger Fry)
Okra Invade on your Health:-
Very low in calories
Rich in Fibre
Excellent source of anti-oxidant vitamin, vitamin-C and rich in B-complex group of vitamins
Also contains reasonable trace of minerals like iron, calcium, manganese and magnesium
Okra was first seen growing on the banks of the Nile and Egyptians were the first to cultivate which dates back to 12th century BC!!
6-8 Okra / Ladies Finger (slight slit on its body)
2-3 table spoons Oil
1 small Onion chopped
2 pods of crushed Garlic
1 Slit Green Chili (optional)
1 – 2 tea spoons Chili Powder (as per taste increase / decrease the input)
1- Tea spoon of Garam masala powder
¼ tea spoon of Dry mango powder (if unavailable substitute with 1 medium sized tomatoes for tang)
1 – 1 ½ tsp. Salt (as per taste)
Cilantro to garnish
1. Heat the oil in a non stick pan
2. Add in onion, crushed garlic & (tomatoes, chilly) fry until translucent
3. Pop in the Okra / ladies finger , Fry until the stickiness vanishes
4. Add on Red Chili powder, Dry Mango powder (if available), Garam Masala powder one after other
5. Sprinkle salt to taste
6. Fry until brown and garnish with Cilantro / coriander. Also you can add ¼ tea spoon or few drops of lemon juice for that extra kick on your tongue!
Eat this with rice; eat it as an appetizer or however you like but Just Eat it 😉
Eat n Enjoy.
Breaking the Fast Fast– Tomatoes Cheese Potatoes
Fast health benefits:-
A medium tomato is low in calories, good fiber and is full of healthy vitamins and minerals
Potatoes are a source of vitamin B6, vitamin C, copper, potassium, manganese, and dietary fiber. Always best taken in limited quantities baked/mashed/cooked rather than fried 😉
Cheese mainly contains Calcium that helps prevent Osteoporosis, Migraine and PMS plus help bone mineralization. Also best if used in limited quantities at one consumption time frame.
1- Medium sized tomatoes sliced
1- Medium sized potatoes sliced
2 – Slices of cheese of your choice cut into pieces
½ teaspoon of dried oregano to sprinkle
½ teaspoon or salt to taste
2 – Slices of whole wheat bread
2-3 Tablespoons of HoneyMustard Sauce or any sauce or salad dressing of your choice
1. Plate a layer of potatoes first, layer it with cheese pieces and finally layer the tomato slices.
2. Sprinkle the Oregano and salt
3. Pop into the microwave on the Vegetable boil / potato boil mode for about 3-5 mins until soft and cooked with cheese melting
4. Place the cooked Tomato Cheese Potatoes in between the bread slices, spread over the honey-mustard sauce
What are you waiting for? Grab a quick bite break the fast and rush to office 😉